Wesner, Miguel – J2EE and Avalon
Figured I’d just copy some internal email about this one…read from the bottom.
(by the way, WPF does have a treeview…it didn’t in 2004)
From: Rob Relyea
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 10:44 AM
To: Ashish Shetty
Subject: RE: Miguel de Icaza says Avalon is like J2EE
Yes, I’ve been reading the fallout from Miguel’s comment (that has few details).
Nobody from WPF presented at Lang.NET.
A good synopsis of Lang.NET is here:
- Lang.NET 2006 – Day 1 07.31.2006 07:29:24 PM, Comments: (2)
- Lang.NET 2006 – Day 2 08.01.2006 07:29:45 PM, Comments: (0)
- Lang.NET 2006 – Day 3 08.02.2006 09:40:32 PM, Comments: (0)
- Lang.NET 2006 – Summary 08.04.2006 07:31:55 AM, Comments: (0)
The story behind why it was on his mind was here. Wesner was talking to Miguel and asked him about Avalon…
http://wesnerm.blogs.com/net_undocumented/2006/08/miguel_and_aval.html (check out Miguel’s 2004 comments about Avalon…)
Other commenters include:
8/3 – a few more links:
- Drazen Dotlic – http://drazen.dotlic.name/weblog/archive/2006/08/05/688.aspx
- John Lam – http://www.iunknown.com/articles/2006/08/05/avalon-gives-miguel-a-headache (ok…so I guess somebody did show WPF…)
I’ve been watching for other comments here.
My plan right now is to not comment but to let Drew, Wesner and others discuss this out.
They are calling for more details from Miguel.
It should be interesting to see how this unfolds…
From: Ashish Shetty
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 9:49 AM
To: Rob Relyea
Subject: Miguel de Icaza says Avalon is like J2EE
Miguel de Icaza was at Lang.NET here in campus this week. Did anybody from the Avalon team present there? This post from yesterday is weird and devoid of specifics: http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2006/Aug-02.html