Becoming “a sexier WPF programmer” with WPF3D
- Yes, it will have plenty of pictures. Yes, it will be mostly XAML except when code is required. Yes, it will help make you a sexier WPF programmer.
Other WPF3D Book Content
My guess is that most people interested in using 3d for data visualization or for UI interaction, should read both Petzold’s 3D book and Lehenbauer’s 3D chapter. Would love to hear people’s recommendations.
Great example of WPF3D for Data Vizualization for an upcoming update to Microsoft Dynamics
I recently did a summary of Mix07 session (XBD05 – Booyah! Designing and Developing Line-of-Business Applications that SIZZLE) that was done on the use of WPF & WPF3D in an upcoming version of Microsoft Dynamics. You’ve got to watch this video if you have information that you’d like to represent visually and give your user power to change the situation.
WPF SDK Content on WPF3D
- "3-D Graphics": 3-D Graphics Overview, 3-D Transformations Overview, 3-D Graphics How-to Topics & Viewport3D, PerspectiveCamera, DirectionalLight, Material & 3-D Graphics Samples
Channel 9 Content on WPF3D
- Daniel Lehenbauer – Demo of Avalon 3D
- Daniel Lehenbauer and Kurt Berglund: Interactive 2D controls on WPF 3D Surfaces
I haven’t gone deep on WPF3D yet
Personally, I have yet to dive deep in 3d, but I’ve dabbled into:
- the data structure for 3d from API reviews of cameras, models, etc…
- how we represent some 3d concepts in Xaml
- for my talk @ PDC 2005, I took the Healthcare app and was tweaking the page flip animation