2007 brought great work in WPF/Xaml Tools & WPF
Lots of progress in 2007 from Microsoft and the community in the tooling front
- VS 2008 shipped with a Wpf Designer & a Xaml textual editor.
- The Expression team shipped their first version in May and continues to improve Blend with previews of Blend 2 December Preview and Blend v1 SP1
- Zam 3D is now shipping v1.
- Mobiform shipped Aurora XAML Designer v1.
- Robby Ingebretsen shipped a completed KaXaml 1.0 (that at least one dev is raving about: Kaxaml: The XAML editor for me).
- Lester Lobo updated XamlPadX (first one to get to v3!)
- Charles Petzold has XamlCruncher v2 shipping.
- Mole for Visual Studio is a WPF runtime inspection tool in the same ballpark as Snoop, but integrated into VS as a Debugger Visualizer.
I need to go update my list @ http://robrelyea.com/xaml/editors
Use your favorites. Give feedback to their creators. Iterate. 🙂
[please let me know if I completely forgot any tools…and sorry in advance]
Meanwhile, the WPF team shipped our first version in November 2006 (.Net 3.0), our first update in November 2007 (.Net 3.5) and we’re all busy working on our next release wave…more public news @ Mix.
I’m looking forward to the improvements that 2008 will bring to WPF developers!
[Updated the list:
- upgraded the Blend link to their December Preview.
- added Aurora