Top 10 custom panels?
Note: http://robrelyea.com/wpf/panels will redirect you to this starter list and more polished lists in the future.
I’d love to know what subclasses of Panel (that we don’t ship with WPF) you find most interesting or helpful in your work? At Mix07, I’d like to pass along pointers to the best ones out there…
My first example will be the TreeMapPanel that Kevin wrote and ships in his bag-o-tricks.
What are candidates for the top 10?
- or just interesting ones you care to point out?
- or one you wrote and published?
- or one that you wrote and published as part of a larger application/sample?
Update: ok, so I did a bit of searching on the web and found the following to get this list started…
An unsorted list of Panels I’ve found, or others have suggested:
- TreeMapPanel, Kevin Moore (see bag-o-tricks for code)
- AnimatingTilePanel, Kevin Moore (see bag-o-tricks for code)
- Disposing Virtualizing Stack Panel, Aaron, WiredPrairie.us
- TimeLinePanel, Rob Zelt, robzelt.com (with credit to Robert Ingebretsen and Lauren Lavoie)
- Chart and Lens Panel by John Stewien (code available?)
- FishEyePanel & FanPanel, Paul Tallett, codeproject
- RadiaPanel & ItemsRadialPanel, Rhett log (Henry Hahn posted a Radial panel in 2005, but I’m not sure if it runs or not?)
- DisclaimerPanel, Chaz
- SpanningStackPanel, Nick Theusen
- PlotPanel, Windows SDK Sample
- CollapsiblePanel, Thomas Lebrun
- CornerStacker, Nick Thuesen
- StickyPanel, Unni, Blend PM
- ItemSkimmingPanel, Pavan Podila
- WPF Unleashed, Adam Nathan, Chapter 17 – Layout with Custom Panels (builds an 2007 Office-Like RibbonPanel)
- Applications = Code + Markup, Charles Petzold, Chapter 12 – Custom Panels, (builds several, including RadialPanel)
- Programming Windows Presentation Foundation, Sells/Griffith, online
Other helpful info on building panels: