WPF/Xaml Web News – 2007-05-30
- Pavan Podila – "Structuring a WPF User Interface" – Pavan shows how a UI can be factored into user controls using an example of an IM client.
- Kevin Moore – "20 steps to happiness" – Kevin shows how WPF Goodness + VS "Orcas" design-time Goodness + Linq goodness = happiness
- Satine.org – "How to build the next ultimate application platform" – He calls out GPU assisted rendering, great typesetting/layout, insanely easy animation, & the basics. I’d argue that the basics is a lot longer than listed…
- Me – "list of Mix07 WPF Talks" – Kevin Moore’s XD009 WPF for Devs Part 2 just had his video posted…check it out.
- Dwayne Need – "Multithreaded UI HostVisual" – Dwayne is a great dev lead on our team that I often go to ask "how does X work?" Noticed on Kevin’s blog that he started blogging in April. Go encourage him to blog more…
- hawaiiantime.com – WPF Map Bird View System – Goo Labs published Xbap map viewer. Hard to navigate extensively without Japanese knowledge…would love to see somebody’s analysis if they can read the UI…
- Flash Platform! – Remix event in Milan, Italy – this blogger is impressed by Expression Blend.
- MarcoCantu.com – Remix07 in Milan (my take on Silverlight) – interesting read. 6 ui platforms is a bit much – i like to think of it as 3…but perhaps gadgets should be added to make 4: gadgets, asp.net/ajax, silverlight, wpf. I leave out the fact that there are 2 versions of Silverlight (1.0 jscript only, 1.1 w/ .net support) and I don’t list WinForms as most of their functionality is (or will be) supported in WPF.
- Mobilitee.org – Fat Pipe (and a little Silverlight) – discusses experience with a Yahoo Pipe and now Microsoft Popfly.